Wednesday 10 April 2013

Thornton le Dale

I visited Thornton le Dale on a recommendation from a fellow birder.  The relatively short walk took me through the village towards the old mill and into Ellerburn valley.  I walked back to the village beside the stream, where I saw a variety of small birds including Grey Wagtail.  I heard a Woodpecker who seemed close by, but couldn't see it.

Click here for maps on walks around Thornton le Dale

Beck Isle Cottage


Spring flowers


This Robin was singing beautifully - I think he was enjoying the sunshine!


Beside the old mill


Wren


Grey Wagtail


Treecreeper




Long Tailed Tit - always tricky to photograph, as they move too quick ...


Back in the village, and after an ice-cream I headed to the pond near the car park - my son took this shot of a Mallard 


Great weather today - long may it continue

No comments:

Post a Comment