Monday 21 January 2013

'Warter' good Raptor day!

Following my previous visit a couple of weeks ago, I was determined to improve on a Red Kite photo and the day delivered .....

As I was driving down the road I saw a Red Kite perched in a tree next to the road. I turned around to try and get a picture but, unfortunately he flew off. So once the car was parked I started off on my walk and low and behold not long afterwards a Red Kite flew directly overhead!






I went on to see Red Kites on another four occasions throughout the day. These really are truly magnificent birds.

It was another snowy day, with an abundance of raptors on show.  A Kestrel was next.


Followed by a Buzzard, waiting patiently for his lunch!!


Lots of Woodpigeons to choose from!


Pheasant


Red-legged Partridge sheltering from the cold or hiding from all those raptors?


The wood was full of small birds which I always enjoy watching including;

Marsh Tit


Coal Tit

 
A Robin - eating, not sure - is it an eyeball or a snail?
 
 
Blue Tit
 

On the way back to the car my final sighting of the day was this Red Kite sitting quietly in a tree - lovely!


To end the blog, some snowy scenery photos of the Wolds






I was only out for three hours, but had a great time with some amazing sightings.

No comments:

Post a Comment