Tuesday 20 November 2012

Tophill Low Nature Reserve

It's about 3 weeks since I last went to Tophill Low, I had a few hours to spare on Thursday afternoon so off I went.  It was a bit dull and overcast to start with, but towards the end of the day the sun came out to give an amazing sunset. 
I started off in the woods and saw quite a few small birds visiting the feeders.

Chaffinch


Great Tit


I didn't see much on North Marsh, but there were some good reflections in the water.


As I came out of the hide I spotted a Marsh Harrier sitting in a tree.


I then moved on to D Res just a the sun was setting.




In a nearby tree there was a Blackbird and a Redwing busy feeding on the berries.


As the sun came down Gulls continued to fly in.




Until there were hundreds of them!


By now the last of the sun light was rapidly disappearing behind the trees.


Which meant the workers had to call it a day and head back to base.


No comments:

Post a Comment