Tuesday 12 February 2013

Twitter & Barmston Beach

I have now got set up on Twitter, please follow me by searching: @abulmerphoto or follow the link below;

http://www.twitter.com/abulmerphoto

It was not a bad day when I left home, however when I arrived at Barmston, it was quite a different story.  The wind was so strong, which meant holding the camera still was barely possible and boy it felt cold!!!

The waves were really crashing into the shore, but it didn't seem to bother the birds looking for food on the shoreline.

Turnstone


Oystercatchers



Nice to see these Sanderling, a first for me, they are smaller than I imagined.




Redshank flying past


Cormorant




This one shows the dramatic weather, I got a good sand blasting on the way back to the car as well as a good soaking!


On the way home I saw a flock of birds landing in a field near Driffield, which turned out to be a mixed flock of Starling and Fieldfare.


Time to get home home to warm up and dry out!

No comments:

Post a Comment