Thursday 28 March 2013

Tophill Low Nature Reserve

A cold but sunny day, which was enhanced by the array of birds I saw on my latest visit to the reserve.  It was nice to hear the small birds chirping within North Marsh woods.

I had seen the Little Egret on the Tophill Low blog, so wanted to try and see it for myself, and I wasn't to be disappointed - although it was a bit too far away for a good photo.

Little Egret


Little Egret in flight


This Heron paid a short visit to Hempholme meadow, but he was soon off again


Great Crested Grebe on O res - I also saw Tufted Duck and Wigeon


This lovely Barn Owl flew towards me as I headed towards Watton Burrows




Goldeneye on D res, also Goosander


Goosander - Female


Goosander - Male


Long Tail Tit - always tricky to photograph as they move too quick!




Blue Tit checking out the nest box


Willow Tit


Gadwall stretching it's wings on North Lagoon

No comments:

Post a Comment